Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer

It is one week into summer vacation, and God has already taught me a good deal.

He has shown me that even one day apart from Him, and I stumble almost immediately. This is something I "know" intellectually, but I often don't "feel" is true. However, during my most recent semester in college, God revealed this truth. He showed me that in the midst of hustle and bustle, if I don't pause to be with Him, then my days will become increasingly worse as my world view darkens and I become complacent. Some may find this dramatic, but if you have ever spent a day with the Perfect Creator, King, Savior, Friend, Beloved, Master, LORD, Yahweh Elohim... then I don't think you'd want to go a day without. A day without Life is death. Without Love is hate. So, why go a day without?

Summer is no different. There certainly hasn't been any hustling or bustling. I've been a lazy bum with Brendan (after a wonderful week on Catalina, I've had a wonderful week enjoying his company and home and sleep and tv and Halo 3 and family and pets and food...) But, a slow paced summer doesn't exclude the above statements. Though I now have the "rest" I've needed after a full year, I don't find Rest apart from my Master, my Maker. I also can't find Life or Love anywhere else.

This summer, I want to be disciplined in reading the Word, praying for family, friends, Scripps, 3CIV, the world, and witnessing, ministering to, and exhorting my loved ones. I also want to be committed to the character work God will do in me as I have a slow summer to meditate on Him, His love, His vision, His character, and all His other wonderful qualities. I humbly ask anyone who reads this to hold me to that. To ask me how my relationship with God is going... cuz God knows how much I need community to aid in my growth. And, don't be taken aback when I ask you the very same questions.

Let us grow in God together, even during the summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment