Friday, February 4, 2011

One Blessed Sheep

First, I was accepted as an IV intern!!! I will be waiting to hear about my potential schools for placement once Brendan hears from more (USC already accepted him! YAY!) and we discern where we will live next year.

Second, 101 party was amazing! Being around so many seniors reminded me of the connections I do have, reassured me that I am loved and love them, and made me even more excited about this last semester being all about PEOPLE! Woot!

And finally for today... I was reading through the leadership reflection questions... and I think every one brought me to tears. I know what you are thinking, "how sensitive, Bri. Awww." Or wondering, "why the HECK would that make you CRY?!" ... well, let me fill you in:

Christian community is new to me. I didn't have one outside of my AMAZING family until college. Then I jumped all in. Then God taught me to let go of the control I had on my life, and after freaking out, I faithfully followed Him. Then, I started leading. That was scary, and I felt so aware of my faults every moment, yet in awe of God's power. Now, as a second year leader looking onto ministry for the rest of my life... I can say this: I am so unworthy to be part of God's work, and SO BLESSED!

How have I touched so many lives? God's love. How have I influenced others? God's power. How have I changed people's lives? God's desire to step into our worlds and transform us (and knock our socks off!). 3CIV, my community, I love you more than you will ever know. I have given you my heart and my soul, and you have watched me mess up time and time again. Yet here I remain, a faithful servant on behalf of the Lord Jesus Christ. All I can say is a big Kenyan WOW! I mean, seriously, Jesus, you USED me?! WHY?! Man, YOU ARE CRAZY!

Let God use you. Throw caution to the wind. Lose control. Dive into deep waters. Bet your heart, mind, body and soul. It is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment