Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's in a Title?

I am one dumb sheep.

Every few months since sophomore year of college, I find myself asking this question: what would I do right now if Jesus came to me?

I don't mean in a dream or vision or even a friendly home visit. I mean if Jesus walked about like he used to, what would I do if He showed upin Long Beach and walked down Redondo Ave? Would I run to Him? Would I reach for His garment in secret? Would I climb a tree for a better look? Would my friends need to drag me to Him for healing because I could not get there myself?

I try to be as real with myself as possible. This exercise is not to think great thoughts about myself or even Jesus, it is a time to check in spiritually.

Sometime in December I asked myself this question and here is what I saw:

Jesus was walking with a crowd. He was surrounded by people on all sides pushing in around Him. I had heard that He would come so I went out to see Him and stood off at a distance. Slowly, I started to walk forward to Him, but I did not make it. Instead, I fell at my knees, head down and weeping. Jesus saw.

Jesus walked to me.

He crouched down and put His arms around me and said "I love you so much. I have used you to do so much. You are a good shepherd as you follow Me. I am so proud of you. Trust that I will fill you up before I send you out. Come to Me. My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Let Me fill you up."

With these words, I look forward to this semester, knowing that whatever my weaknesses, faults, sins, failures and brokenness, Jesus will seek me out.

I am worth seeking.

I am one (dumb) sought after sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment