Thursday, December 23, 2010

What do i know?

I thought I could blog about my experiences growing with God over a break... now I wonder why I thought that at all. God, You seem so close to me... and yet I feel unable to put into words the things You teach me and show me.

This isn't pretend humility. I have nothing worth writing. God is teaching me and growing me, but I'm starting to feel like I don't know enough or grasp enough. I don't mean "enough" in a scale sense, but in a "can I honestly claim to teach others this" sort of way... I'll think more on this, but for now, this is all I have (and it is about the holiday).

Tomorrow is Christmas eve. We will be going to church to celebrate my God. My God, One who loves enough to touch down into this jacked up, messy world. (Loves. God so loved, but it wasn't a one time deal. He died for our sins, but there is EVEN more. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!) This world He created and called "good" we look at and call "terrible" "sinful" "dark" "tormented" "evil" "broken" ... but I believe My God came down, My God redeemed it. It is broken, undeniably so. What little I have seen of poverty and hatred and greed tell me so. It is dark, evil even. BUT... it is GOOD. There is GOOD in this world. If nothing else, I choose to see it and to celebrate it the way God once did. To see and celebrate my God and His heart for silly people, like myself! There is bad, but there is GOOD. HIS GOOD. It is in this world; God, give me the grace to see as You see. To see the broken. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. And as that happens, let me see You at work in the broken places. Let me see Your glory. Let me is good in the bad, the light in the darkest places. Let me see HOPE in the hopeless. Let me see the BEST of people the way You do.

With that, Happy God-Reached-Out-Touched-Loved-and-Redeemed-the-world Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment