Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Delighted :)

I've been thinking about this all day... so I thought I'd share.

The LORD delights in me. I sin. I'm messy. Broken. All around icky. I don't love enough, do enough, care enough, read my Bible enough, witness enough. I'm not always friendly, kind, compassionate, gracious, merciful, or gentle. I do not always love the poor and serve amongst my brothers and sisters.

The point: for all the teachings in the Bible that convict me daily, for all the ways I fall short of being like Jesus Christ, for all the sins (and it's a long list) in my life... I am loved by GRACE incarnate. We all talk about God's grace like it is miraculous. "I sin, and He loves me anyway!"

But grace is just that, loving those who do not deserve it. And it is the very framework of God's essence. Everything about Him is grace. So, I sin, and He loves me just the same... but here is the REAL kicker... God DELIGHTS in me. I sin, and He loves me sure. But shouldn't it be a disappointed "ugh, there she goes again" response? NO. Delighted. Straight up singing and dancing. Big ol' smile on His face. Twinkle in His eye. Warm feeling in His heart. He just can't fight the desire to run up to me and give me a hug. He wipes away my tears and tries to make me laugh. He laughs with me as I try to bake (and the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies turned out well too!). As silly shows like Scrubs and Friends make me laugh out loud, He smiles. When I play polo, He watches proud. When I delight in His creation, He delights in me.

Take a moment to let this sink in: GOD, Your LORD, delights in YOU. Yes, YOU! We are too quick to put our LORD in a disappointed-god-in-a-box. The truth: He loves more than we can understand... so maybe instead of sitting in self-loathing, self-pitying, guilty influenced perspective of God... we can get OVER OURSELVES and let the Love of Christ wash over us. So, go do fun things, delight in them, and realize how much God delights over you :D

For some verses, here:
Psalm 51, 147, 149; Proverbs 3:12; Job 1:8 (Jesus brags about you to FRIGGIN ANGELS!);

No comments:

Post a Comment