Wednesday, October 5, 2011

For His Namesake (lay it on the line)

Jesus, are you up to the challenge? You say "I lead you on the right path for my namesake." (Psalm 23). Because of You, I let go of my selfish desire to keep reading and ignore the guy who sat down in front of me. Because of you, I talked to him about his broken arm. Because of you, I asked him about himself and talked to rando-guy instead of leaving. Because of you, I offered to pray for the pain to go away, and You urged me to pray for more.

So Jesus, are you up to the challenge? This guy's arm was broken for ONE MONTH before he had insurance to put it in a cast. Now, the pain is so bad but he doesn't want to take pain killers (because some of his friends got addicted to them, and he "lost" them, whatever that means...You know). So Jesus, will you remove the pain? Will you, from now until the cast is removed, set the bones right? 4 Weeks from now, will he even remember that I prayed for him in YOUR NAME?

Jesus, it is Your namesake on the line. Jesus, I was this guy to know You, Your love, Your peace, Your hope, Your comfort, Your might, Your power, Your glory. But ultimately, the choice is Yours.

I believe I serve a loving God with the power to heal all wounds - physical, emotional, spiritual. Jesus...in YOUR name I prayed. You are not a God of disappointments.

I will revisit this again, Jesus. In four weeks, I expect a man healed of so much more than a broken arm. As a man filled with the Holy Spirit recently reminded me, "My God loves these kind of challenges." The clock is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment